Mental Health First Aid Course at Ascot Racecourse with Racing Welfare
- Session 1: Thursday 9th November 2023 (9am – 5pm)
- Session 2: Friday 10th November 2023 (9am – 5pm)
- Location: Ascot Racecourse
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an accredited training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
This course is ideal for those who would like to become a Mental Health First Aider to:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health
- Be confident starting a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support
Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- An accredited MHFA certificate
- MHFA logo to add to your email signature
- Access to Racing’s Support Line for support and advice
- Posters for your workplace
- Downloadable copy of the MHFA manual
The maximum number of people per course is 16. The course costs £88 per person (this course, usually £300, is subsidised by Racing Welfare).
Please note, this course is only available to people working in the British horseracing and Thoroughbred breeding industries.