Mental Health First Aid Courses with Racing Welfare
This week is Mental Health Awareness Week, and this year’s theme is anxiety.
Anxiety affects us all, right? Some fear is healthy, but feeling intense levels of anxiety which override your ability to be rational, participate in social situations, take pleasure in what you do and perform well at work can be debilitating and isolating.
How can you help someone in this situation? Racing Welfare‘s Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) accredited training course is a great place to start.
It will teach you how to identify, understand and help someone experiencing a mental health issue. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
- Tuesday 18th July (9am – 5pm)
- Wednesday 19th July (9am – 5pm)
Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- An accredited MHFA certificate
- MHFA logo to add to your email signature
- Access to Racing’s Support Line for support and advice
- Posters for your workplace
- A downloadable copy of the MHFA manual
The course costs £88 (subsidised by Racing Welfare). For more info & to book: racingwelfare.co.uk/events-archive/mental-health-first-aid-course-lambourn-venue-tbc