Racing Welfare launches Home Energy Grant
Racing Welfare is offering a Home Energy Grant to those who currently work or are retired from working in the thoroughbred racing and breeding industries.
Racing Welfare can award grants to those who work in or are retired from the British Horseracing industry.
This grant is specifically aimed at meeting increased home energy costs for those living on or below the Minimum Income Standards (as defined by The Joseph Rowntree Foundation)
The Home Energy Grant is:
- In response to the increase in energy supply prices
- To meet the basic needs of home energy supplies
Racing Welfare can make grants to eligible individuals; all awards are discretionary.
- If you are currently employed in or retired from the racing and thoroughbred breeding industry
- All grant applications will be subject to a needs-based assessment and all statutory entitlements should have been applied for in the first instance.
- Have an increase and can evidence a rise in your home fuel costs.
- Be the named bill payer in the property of residence.
- Household income should be on or below the Minimum Income Standards.
To apply for a grant, call Racing’s Support Line which is available 24hrs a day, 7 days per week on 0800 6300 443.
The fund closed on 31st March 2023.